February 26, 2010

Health-Care Summit and Photo-Op

...  aka the Capitol Hill Freak Show.


I didn't have the stamina to watch the whole day-long spectacle but did indeed catch the end.

The part where Barky admonished McCain, "The campaign is over" brought tears to my eyes ... because I was biting my tongue very hard.  

I'm trying to cut back on the amount of yelling I do at the tv. 

And of course, he had to remind everyone (yet again) that he is the President.


And over on   HOT AIR
                                     one of the comments got my attention:

Don’t know if anyone else has mentioned this, but his calling all the senators and congressmen–who are members of a co-equal branch of government–by their first names really got on my nerves.  You just know it was his way of putting them in their places.   It would have been great if one of them had had a Barbara Boxer moment and insisted that Barack use the title he or she “worked so hard for.”

Or they could have started addressing him as Barry.

That certainly would have livened up the proceedings.
                                                           Meredith on February 26, 2010

 

No comments: